Second Learning

 

Lesson 6: Remove that Just Rezzed Look (Part 3)

Part 1 | Part 2

Hair
As much as I like the hair pictured in FabFree's image, I really didn't want to spend more time sitting in a camping chair to earn another 1 L$ (my usual ATM was broken). Enter Shopping Sherpa's blog entry on Bewitched which appeared to promise freebie hair at quality styles. So, off I go to Bewitched!

I arrived to find that while there was a whole wall of free hair, it required camping for 120 minutes. I plopped myself down in a chair to camp for my hair, not quite realizing that I was camping for 2 hours, whereas I could have camped for only 5-8 minutes and purchased hair from Gurl 6. Ah well, live and learn.

Not one to quit part way, I continued to sit in that chair for the full two hours (while I wrote Part 1, 2, and 3 of this entry).

I dropped by Gurl 6 anyway and, since I'd already been seated for 120 minutes the additional 5 minutes were a drop in the ocean, I picked up the clearly marked freebie hair.

Viv Perrin makeover complete Armed with my new hair, it was back to the photo booth where I took my final makeover picture. (Check out my alternative hair.) You'll notice that I solved my naughty-bits problem. What am I going to do with that top? I'm going to give it away to the first person who IMs me (Viv Perrin) in world. Ready? Set. Go!

Total Costs:

L$ = 1 - 2 (depending on whether or not you go for the Gurl 6 hair)
Hours Devoted = 2.5
Extra Freebies Discovered = 6
Compliments Received = 3
Photos Taken and Edited = 17

-------

There are, of course, other sites to find freebies besides going all over the place. Some freebie collections are located at the following:

free_dove_1The Free Dove which has sooooooooo many clothes and shoes, and also a wall entirely devoted to hair. There are some gift certificates there for designer hair, rather than reduced-quality freebie hair.
the_free_dove_2


GNUbiesGNUbie Store which has dollarbies, the pictured six skin pack (though selection changes often so it might not be there), and large amounts of high quality skins and hair. GNUbies is less organized than The Free Dove, but tends to have a higher quality of product.

------------

Viv's latest wishlist item: LanieWear Photo Background to make it easier to take pictures for you. Grateful enough that you'd like to help me achieve that goal? Consider this my virtual tip jar:

Search People for "Viv Perrin". Click on the "Pay" button. Send me whatever tip you think I deserve. When I have 35 L$, I will buy the photo background and do another style make-over entry, this one for the gents.

Labels:

 

for this post

 
Blogger Laynie Says:

Erm, I searched for Viv Perrin and nothing came up. Help?

 
 
Blogger Jasmin Loire Says:

@ Laynie - Does this help?

 

Leave a Reply