Second Learning

 

Lesson 9: More Professional Clothing

There are, of course, other places besides Manpower Sim to find professional clothing.

Because I so completely fell in love with the business suits that were offered by Blaze, I decided to head out and find a business suit that I could wear on my newbie-friendly budget. Since surveys pay out around LS $35 a pop, I figured that would be the upper limit of the budget.

Tipped off by Girl Meets Second Life and Illusions, I decided to see what this Bare Rose store had to offer. After all, if they have male business suits, perhaps they have female ones as well?

First, here is what Illusions had to say:
::BareRose:: - If someone asked me what I thought was the largest and most popular store on SL, without a second thought I would say Barerose. They have the largest concentration of awesomeness in the virtual world, and if any place deserves the term "mecca", it's B@R. Their prices aren't exactly freebie price (although they do have a freebie corner, and a 10L store), but their prices are so insanely low for the quality of work you're getting (125L for a full color pack of gothic wear you'll worship and adore), I'd be a horrible person if I didn't list them here. From conservative to uber goth, to ethereal elf lady to cyber queen, from slinky lingerie and swimwear to traditional Japanese kimono, they have something for EVERYone.

So I popped on over to Bare Rose to see what I could find. They mix their dollarbies, and cheapies, in with the rest of the general population of the items at their store. And the store is massively overwhelming. This almost made me want to hire a personal shopper to navigate for me to find a cheap business suit for women, so that I could write this entry for you. Which, in turn, inspired me to create the current EduCube contest. But, armed with grit and determination, I pressed on.

Before I go any further, I'd like to take a moment to explain how I am indicating the locations of things after this point. I am listing locations as (X, Y, Z) for the x-coordinate, y-coordinate, and z-coordinate. How do you use this? Well, you can walk around until you luck out on the right set of coordinates, or you can open up your map and at the bottom right there are three coordinate values. Change these to the ones listed, and you should magically teleport to the locations I have listed. If not, it is back to walking around until you figure out the right set of coordinates.

(130, 30, 30) The first suit that I stumbled upon is called The President. Even though it is being modeled by male avatars, I have no doubt that it would look equally as good on a female avatar. You get both the blue and the brown double-breasted suit, along with all three tie color choices for a cheap (but pricy for our budget) 140 L$. Youch. We need something cheaper.


(61, 49, 30) At 100 L$, this is cheaper than The President and you can, of course, wear it without the apron to give professional talks at formal symposia (such as, say, accepting the Nobel Prize in Economics), but then if you were going to the Nobel Prize awards in Second Life, you could also afford the price tag associated with this outfit. For our purposes, however, it is still considerably outside of our 35 L$ budget. Moving on.







And look at that, our prayers have been answered by finding the section of Bare Rose (NW corner) where everything is 10 L$. Of course, this also means that there is no rhyme or reason to the layout of the store, as it is picture after picture after picture after ... well, you get the idea. With that in mind, hopefully you can use the picture that I have to help you narrow down the exact location of these amazing finds:

(239, 229, 34) Remember that you can click on the pictures for a larger photo so that you can better locate the find. What we see here are three business suits, each priced at an affordable 10L$. There is Business 101, 102, and 103; each different from the other by color alone. Also, next to the suits are three different bowtie outfits (I think they are the complete outfit, but I did not have the L$ to check). For the purposes of my shopping, I decided that the blue suit would complete my look so I purchased that one.

Right click on the box and select "Buy" to purchase.



Completed Suit LookEven though this suit was modeled by a male avatar, I decided to try it on anyway. And what do you know, it looks just as good on me as it did on the avatar model. Or at least I think so! Please excuse my photography skills, I don't know enough about lighting to fix the lighting in this picture, and because everyone and their brother is signed in to SL today, it is laggy and I didn't feel like fixing it anyway. Just wanted to take a quick picture and then move on from there.

By the way, I take all of my pictures in Windlight, the First Look viewer (more on that probably next week -- I'm halfway done with writing that entry). Isn't it amazing how well the water, sky, and clouds texture? It almost really /is/ a Second Life.

Windlight


-= Jasmin Loire =-

Labels:

 

for this post

 
Blogger Caterin Semyorka Says:

Hey, Looking Good!! Bare Rose is fun if complicated and confusing to find a particular item of clothing. Cat x

 

Leave a Reply