Second Learning

 

What has Jasmin Been Up To

Things have been pretty quiet on the blog for a while, but there is a reason for that. The reason is that I have been taking an in-world Instructor Training Course. This has taught me many new skills for being a better EduCube instructor, as well as reinforcing those I've already gained.

That said, my course ends on Sunday with our Student-Teacher Expo. At the Expo, I can only have five students attend my class, so keep in mind that if you click the link from my blog (once there is one; my time and location are still TBA to me) the class may have already filled up.

What are we building? Well, I'll give you a hint: the title of my class is, "LVL2: Japanese Tea Scene - The Magic of Texture Mapping". If you've seen and coveted my Treasure Quest prize - more on that later - then this is the class for you. We will be building the tatami-mat/hearth/teapot/zabuton part of the larger garden.

==========

Treasure Quest

I submitted my application to be a stop on the Treasure Quest route about a month ago. As of yet, I haven't heard back, however I'm sure that anyone who comes by my place will fall instantly and madly in love with the place and will want to include me in their Treasure Quest. Because of that, I've already gone ahead and built my prize, which I then photographed which is why it looks so low resolution.

Viv Perrin, official EduCube photographer, has Windlight and that's why her pictures end up so beautiful.

At any rate, stay tuned to this spot for the announcement of when I will be appearing in a Treasure Quest.

==========

Two New Classes

EduCube will soon be announcing two new classes to its line up. One is seasonal and the other is not. One is creating a cute, sculpted tiny heart avatar, with pink feet and hands. Everyone who has seen my demo avatar has squealed with delight and they all say, "Oh that's just so cute!"

So if you've ever wanted to change your avatar into a silly shape, just for fun, then you'll be waiting with anticipation for the class announcement (which will appear both here and in our in-world group (do a search for EduCube ... we are the first option).

And the second class: A beginner's primficient chair build. We will be building the spherical hideaway chair pictured in this blog entry. Isn't Viv's viewer much better than mine? She took that picture and chair actually looks like a globe. I won't even tell you what it looks like to me on my viewer :)

Anticipation makes the build all that much sweeter.

Stay tuned!

Labels:

 

for this post

Leave a Reply