Second Learning

 

My Treasure Quest Prize

Welcome to the wonderful world of EduCube! I hope you look to us for all of your primficient furniture and educational-related pre-fab needs. While you are here, please check out the rest of our blog to see what other goodies are in store.

"How?" you ask.

Just click on the "Second Learning" at the top of this page, or the "Home" button to the right. Either will take you to the bounty of useful tutorials.

If you haven't unpacked your gift (either because you don't have land, or are afraid of going over your prim counts), I highly recommend taking it to a sandbox, so that you can see the tranquil japanese-themed koi garden inside.



Because Second Life won't allow me to post hyperlinks in-world, there are a few people I need to thank for their photographs which helped me build the marvelous koi garden:

First I would like to thank Aleksander Dragnes for providing the photo of the Koi which also allowed me to sample textures for the stonework around the Koi pond. He (I'm assuming it is a he based on the name) released the koi picture under the Creative Commons: By Attribution license and so I'm required to give proper credit where it is due. But who wouldn't want to thank the photographer!

Here's What you Get!
* Two benches, good for sitting on while contemplating the tranquility of the area. Each bench seats more than one. No snuggling, cuddling, or drama. Just peaceful tranquility. And do I detect the faint chirp of crickets?

* Peaceful koi pond. Watch photo-sourced koi swim in lazy circles as fireflies dance overhead.

* A torii to welcome you to your tranquil-destress time. Torii are gates that mark the difference in between the sacred and the profane. For our purposes, relaxation is sacred. The torii has a lit lantern hanging from it to light your way come night-fall.

* Peace-lilly foliage dotting the landscape.

* A tatami-mat with a functional hearth supporting a pot for tea. If you listen closely, you can hear the flames lick at the bottom of the tea pot, while you watch the pot steam. If you touch the tea pot, you may even get a cup of green tea to sip.

* And of course, one cannot drink tea without an appropriate seat. There are four zabuton arranged around the hearth. The zabuton are covered with traditional kimono fabric as found in the EduCube book on kimono.

What I ask in return is for you to leave a comment on this blog with the amount you would be willing to pay for such a prefab. Because, yes, I am planning on listing this item for sale in the near future, but I want the pricing to be fair. Since you already have a free one, no need to be greedy by purposefully underpricing the build. What do you think? 500 L$? More? Less?

And comments with pictures of you using the garden are always welcomed. If you cannot tell, my default browser is set for speed over pretty. If yours renders the koi pond as a circle (as it rightfully should be), please consider snapping a free picture and dropping a comment with a link to an Imageshack location where I can pick it up.

Labels: ,

 

for this post

Leave a Reply